Patchwork - Raggy Edge QuiltMake a beginner's raggy edge quilt from pre-cut fabric squares and quilt it as you go. Finished size is 45" x 36" (110 x 90 cm) and is perfect for a small child or a small lap quilt. For experienced quilters there will be opportunity to practise your quilting skills with more advanced quilting.
- Teacher: Diana Webster
- Suitable for beginners, although you will need basic sewing machine skills.
- Class Cost - $5 includes:
- The use of basting spray, or you can bring your own and the cost will be nil.
- Iron, ironing board, rotary cutter, rulers and cutting mat are all provided for use.
- After you sign up for this class, you will be sent a requirements list so you'll know what to bring with you. This will include tools you'll need and any supplies that are not included in the above class cost. These extra requirements are expected to cost approximately $70-90.
- Please note that the quilt that Diana will be teaching is 4 x 5 squares (20 on the front and 20 on the back) and is much smaller than those pictured. A larger quilt can be made, but is not likely to be finished by the end of the weekend.
Diana has been a patchworker for about 7 years, and would now consider herself to be truly addicted to this fabulous craft. She grew up in a crafty household, and her mum was a sewing teacher. She learned patchwork during classes in Brisbane and has spent a week doing a patchwork retreat with Chris Porter. She loves creating different projects, and tries to learn a new skill with each creation.
She taught her first class last year here at Craft Retreat and had a blast. She is delighted to be back again this year. She is looking forward to seeing your completed quilts. You can see some of her projects on Instagram and on the Quiltitis blog.
Thanks to Bloom for allowing us to use her pattern and information for this class.
Any questions about this class? Ask below in the comments.