Origami - Techniques, Boxes and a Ball of Fun!
Over the weekend, you will learn the basics of origami, starting with pattern reading and simple folded models. We will progress to making a colourful origami ball, 10-15 cm in diameter, that hangs as a lovely decoration. Small, beautiful, origami boxes with lids, will also be included in the program.
- Teachers: Janelle Yeomans and Tonya Grant
- Suitable for beginners
- Class Cost - $20 includes:
- Printed sheet of folding techniques
- Diagrams for all projects - you will be shown how to read them
- All origami paper required for the weekend
- Cord to hang the origami ball
- After you sign up for this class, you will be sent a requirements list so you'll know what to bring with you. This will include tools you'll need and any supplies that are not included in the above class cost. These extra requirements are expected to cost approximately $0-5.
- Even though we will be making boxes and balls, please note that the photographed samples may differ in colour and design to the actual projects that we will be teaching.
visual artist web page. She is editor and owner of Imagine. Make. Believe, where she is collaborating with her children on simple, creative, cheap fun for kids, because she believes that being creative doesn't have to cost much money.
The Crafty Mummy and some other blogs, and running an online store selling the things she makes. Although she doesn't use her Japanese skills much these days, she still loves origami - and she's pleased that she won't have to mark any exam papers for this class! She is a strong believer in “anyone can do it if they want to” and still gets a buzz from learning a new skill and being able to teach it to someone else. She attends Toowoomba Community Baptist Church where she coordinates the Chat‘n’Do craft mornings.
Any questions about this class? Ask below in the comments.