Creative Craft Retreat 2013
- A chance to socialise with friends new and old in a relaxed environment.
- A weekend just for you to indulge in all things creative.
- Work on your own project or join a weekend-long class.
- Most projects on offer can be completed over the weekend, leaving you with new skills and a sense of achievement, as well as your wonderful new craft creation!
- Organised by Toowoomba Community Baptist Church.
- Free time.
- Short “Thought for the Day” segments.
- Talk by guest speaker, Janelle Yeomans, stay at home mum to four, wife, visual artist, co-ordinator of craft retreat, and owner/editor of Imagine. Make. Believe. She is a deep thinker, loves being creative, and enjoys hearing other people’s life stories.
- A craft stall, giving you the chance to spoil yourself or a friend with a gift, or to make some pocket money by selling craft items you have made. For the opportunity to sell your goods, a small fee will be charged, which will go towards Care Australia’s Women’s Empowerment program.
- Create a name tag before you come (or bring one), that you can wear for the weekend. It can be from any medium and as simple or elaborate as you like – let your imagination run wild!
- Time out for yourself, no meals to cook!
- Learn a new craft or have time to complete your own project.
- Spend time with friends or make new ones.
- Be inspired.
- Women of all ages.
- Mums can bring teenage daughters (15+) to share the creative fun.
- Mums with babies under 12 months - limited amount of special accommodation available, though there will be no child care provided. We are unable to cater for children older than 12 months.
- Friday to Sunday, 1-3 November 2013.
- Sign-in from 7.15 pm for an 8.00 pm start Friday evening.
- Concludes 3.30 pm Sunday afternoon.
- Lake Perseverance Recreation Centre, Perseverance Dam, near Crow’s Nest.
- Peaceful bush setting.
- Ensuited cabins sleep twelve - six to a room.
- Excellent facilities including sporting equipment to use in free time.
- Choices! Choose the craft you would like to do for the weekend from these:
- Tip: When you get to the online form you might need to scroll to find the Craft Class you want in the options.
- Fill out the online registration form with your payment of $130, by the 4th October, 2013. NOTE: Registrations have been extended to Friday 11th October 2013
- You should receive an email within 10 minutes confirming your registration. Make sure you check your Spam folder in case it goes there accidentally.
- Once registrations close we will send you an email confirming the craft class you have been allocated to, information regarding the craft retreat, and details for the craft stall. The email will answer most, if not all of the questions that you may have, so if you have not received it by the 11 October, please email us.
- Before you know it, it will be time to make your way to Craft Retreat. See you there!